Charted Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) is the national organization established to support a unified Canadian accounting profession. They represent highly qualified professionals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to providing the highest standards of accounting, ethics and best business practices.
• An integral role for the Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs Department supporting image and project management, as well as quality assurance.
• Develop relationships with each of CPA Canada’s business units, working collaboratively with partners to understand their unique business needs and specific requirements.
• Develop and manage the schedule of all elements of a project including routine monitoring of performance and developing corrective action plans.
• Proven expertise in understanding, defining and communicating project and quality requirements and ensuring that the right systems are in place and applied.
• Co-ordinated the day-to-day project operations of the team, as well as reviewing all projects for brand and design consistency, and assisting in the content creation, copy editing, proofing and suggesting project improvements.
An example is a story that I handled at the beginning of my role at CPA Canada. Our team was responsible for creating the downloadable electronic copy of the story “Income inequality in Canada: The urban gap”.
I was the project manager responsible for this project which means I had to track, deliver and coordinate the project to the client from the editor, graphic design artists and web content team. My other duties for this project were to follow CPA Canada’s brand guidelines, proof the content, and select the feature image of the story.
• Maintaining Brand Guidelines
• Quality Assurance
• Adobe Photoshop
• Project Management
• Copy, Editing & Proofing